Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Man vs. Wild for dUmMiEs....


**Here's to you Alan,**

my cooky brother-in-law,

he's quite the blogger too, check him out!


Well Kip & I, and our friends the Young's met at Cabela's Saturday afternoon for a fun wilderness adventure. Kip the "Amateur Fisherman" he is, was so excited to see the Bass and Trout he wish he could catch- but hey I did say Amateur right? No, he actually really enjoys it and I am glad he has found a fun hobby for himself.




Kip showing off his fishing skills at our FHE @ Lynx Lake Monday


Brody copying his Daddy, checkout that face.
Seriously though, he carried this stick and copied Kip all night.

So we saw all the animals, guns, too much fishing stuff, and even found a couple of lures (a spook, and a popper... who names these anyways?) to catch trout supposedly?? Hasn't worked yet, but he's determined to make it work. You will find him at Lynx Lake eagerly awake before the sun comes up most Saturdays. Which is totally fine with me, just means he won't be eagerly awake and bugging me to wake up! (just for your info. Brody and I are usually "eagerly" still asleep when he gets back- and that is just the way I like it!!) So on to the story- we bought some fudge and then were off on our exploration through the rest of the gigantic "Costco-sized" store, when we came across these...





You'd think I was making this stuff up- but it's TOTALLY SERIOUS!!
Okay, I am not a totally outdoorsy gal, but if I can pee in the woods, there is no excuse why someone (a guy of all people) would spend $10.00 on something to pee in, then carry around- come on people are you serious! (*note- the wordage on the package, I'm utterly speechless.) And the "Luggable Loo" key word "luggable" sorry I am not about to "lug" around my own or anyone else's fecal matter SORRY, don't get me started... I just want to know who is behind this crap and call themselves "inventors" some sorry, too pampered individuals. What happened to the "ruffing it lifestyle," even I, who call myself pampered most of the time- have ruffed it enough to pee in a stream and dig myself a hole and call it a day!!! What is next an inflatable mansion equipped with all major appliances and amenities?


Seriously a 5- gallon bucket with a toilet seat on it!! Some may call it genius- but I for one am not close to spending $$$ on something so called innovative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. I think it's even funnier that you are getting so worked up over these inventions. I think someone is just jealous that they didn't think of it first.

I hope you purchased two luggable buckets for Kip. One for him, and one for his "mini-me," Brody.

Tell him good luck with the fishing. In my vast experience and knowledge of all things outdoors, the BEST way to spook a trout out of the lake is to poop in it. Seriously - once you drop one of those poo-poppers in the water, the fish come floating to the top. You can thank me later for the tip.