Friday, October 12, 2007

Silly Conference Session

This was on my friend Kerrianne's blog I thought it was so FUNNY!!!
She put it this way...


So, I've been wondering, since the Saturday morning session of Conference, what was SO FUNNY after President Hinckley left the pulpit after he got done with the sustaining of officers. The lights were down, and the congregation was laughing hysterically. Well, today I got an email explaining the whole thing. Someone who was there recounts it this way:

Here it is:

After President Hinckley finished with the sustaining of the officers of the church during the Saturday morning session, Elder Eyring had moved into his new seat on the stand. Unfortunately, they didn't show this on TV, but when President Hinckley turned around, he stood there for a moment looking at Elder Eyring (probably with the little twinkle in his eye), then picked up his cane and "knighted" him on his shoulder and head. Truly one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do. Here's the picture from it. I love how Elder Eyring looks just like a little boy....

We had been doing so much in Phoenix the weekend of conference, so we only got to listen to it. But I find it so weird how even just listening to it when you are busy seems to bring that calming peace into your heart. I love conference time and have created such a huge spot in my heart for President Hinckley!! Everytime I see him or listen to him speak I have the biggest smile on my face- you all know what I am talking about!! And it's good to know he has a sense of humor too!!

We love you President Hinckley!!

**Thanx Kerrianne- I loved it**

No comments: