Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All about me...

Hey I wanted to post this essay I had to write for school. We had to write an essay about ourselves and why we were in Beauty School. I started it and it just flowed, easiest essay I hae ever written. It gives you all a little glimpse into my "brain" and what I have discovered since starting Beauty School. J you will like this!
Everything I need to know,

I learned in Beauty School...

What about me? Why am I here going to Beauty School? I guess that is an easy question, This is something I have waited my whole life to do. Now that I am doing it, it feels great. When I was in High School I was your average Jane. I did okay in my classes, played sports, participated in Student Council. Everything mediocre nothing exceptional, well that was until I began school at Artistic Beauty College.

It turns out I am good, more than mediocre at something. It feels great to be able to ace tests with just the knowledge you learned in class that just clicks in your brain. Way different from studying Calculus for hours on end just to end up bombing the test. To be confident in anything I can do. Which came very hard for me in school. To have peers asking me for help. Instead of having to ask a thousand questions, still not understand and have my younger sister help me with my homework (she was always smarter than me.) It feels good to help someone too. I have never felt so important or well rounded, and this great about myself and my talents. A long time coming but so very worth every second I have waited. I anxiously anticipate everyday and what new challenges will come my way.

Although I did learn alot about myself in High School which has made me understand my abilities and push myself to the limits now. I have "heart" a big one, I may not be the best at something, but you better believe I will throw everything I have into it. I am very creative, that has always been apparent through silly posters, assignments and projects. I can do anything I put my mind to, which is great and will push me up over the limits at times, and I love that feeling. I have integrity and it shows in more than my appearance. I am a leader, and a good one at that, which has made me confident. I work well with all kinds of people, I love being around people. I learned these traits in my athletic teams as Captain and being a team player.

And now here I am halfway through Beauty School or slowly conquering the world it feels like sometimes. I can now see these attributes coming through my work. Whether it be doing a double color weave, peek a boo, cut, and style within our three hours of work time, helping a friend better understand how to do a fade, or help her pass her gradeout, or in preparing my greatest feat yet, my nail art (mural) for a National Competition. I am so proud I have accomplished something I thought I could never have done. The traits I had worked so hard on in school, are finally proving to be more than I could have ever imagined.

Back to my question of... "What about me? Why I am I here in Beauty School?" I am aspiring to be the best person I can be, preparing my life for a rewarding career in a fulfilling enviroment. I am perfecting such great talents, characteristics, skills, and abilities for an exciting chapter in my life. Achieving great things, and being a very un- mediocre, exceptional person is my goal. That's me and I am proud to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen!!! That is really good! I think I may have even got a little teary eyed! ;) Can't wait to see ya sista! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Good work Jenni. I am so proud of you for following through with your dream. Love, Mands