Monday, February 25, 2008

Throw us a bone here...


Well let's see here I am going to vent right now, sorry if it is kinda depressing, or sounds too diary/journal- ish. But hey, this is my Blog I'll do with it what I want right? Sure.


Well Kip has lost his job for the second time this month. (lay-offs) With this housing catastrophe, and economic slump, we are just being thrown in and out of that tornado. He is depressed and feels like he has failed, and I am having a hard time keeping my chin up, and trying to be there for him. Money is obviously tight, stress is at an all-time high, and options are slim. We live in a small town and with every "house" related business being pulled under, we feel as if we are hanging on by our fingernails. We feel we have exhausted every effort possible, and still... nothing. I am doing my best to help out, watching 6 kids at the house throughout the week to bring in a little something. But going to school at nights from 5- 10:00, preparing for Nationals, and getting up early to be ready, I am quickly getting exhausted. We have been searching down in Phoenix to find something, but haven't found anything. Our goal is to get down there so Kip can go to school eventually, once I have finished, and so I can get a better job. We feel stuck here in our little town-


  • with NO jobs,

  • a house we can't afford nor sell,

  • and a huge amount of un-lucky-ness. (if that is a word?)

But it feels good to get my feelings out, and I know what we need to do; Scriptures, family prayer, and being strong is going to get us through this right now. "Prayer unlocks the powers of heaven in our behalf. Prayer is the great gift which our Eternal Father has given us by which we may approach Him and speak with Him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Be prayerful. You cannot make it alone. You cannot reach your potential alone. You need the help of the Lord." - Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley. We need to pull our heads up, stand up, and dust off once again. I know we can do it, we just need to buckle down and like my friend Jenilyn says, "focus on all the positives


*all healthy

* roof over our heads

* we're together

*great callings

*reliable transportation

*food on the table (sometimes:)

*wonderful friends & family

*& so much more...



And the longer and harder our struggles, the greater, and more rewarding the blessings will be in the end." Thanks Jen!! I guess one day we'll look back at this just to see how far we have come, and how much stronger we will be.



"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."

John 16:33



(One of my favorite scriptures. It teaches me: humility, faith, simplicity, love, & HOPE!)


P.S. If anyone has any ideas (job wise) Please let us know- Pass the word around for me... Thank You!! We are open to advice from those who have been there and done that too. Loves!

Success...

"SUCCESS DOESN'T COME TO YOU, YOU GO TO IT.''

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni.
I am sorry about your situation. It really sucks! I love you guys and wish I was closer to help.
I do know some awesome people over there that will help you and/or Kip with your Nikken business. Just say the word and I will talk to them. Call me.

PS If you haven't already, look in your top, right desk drawer way at the back to the left.

love, mands

sharpest family said...

Jenni, I so feel your pain. It's just crazy how it's up and down isn't it? Aaron can't find a job either. He's still been doing remodeling jobs here and there. That's been saving us-literally. We don't know where we're supposed to go or what we're supposed to do. We haven't had any offers on the house. I keep thinking that our new house just isn't ready for us yet and Aaron's new job isn't ready for him yet and Heavenly Father knows the exact hour all of this will come together but we just have to wait and have faith. We're in the same boat as you guys. Hang in there, once it gets so low it can only get better right? I'll be praying for you. Love ya!

Kaylee Hartley said...

Hang in there Jen! We love you guys!