Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

I wanted to post about this challenge I found on a friends blog. The Gordon B. Hinckley Challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days (the age of our beloved Prophet at his passing) it started on Feb. 4th and will end on May 10th!! If you start right now it is only about 6 pages a day to honor our wonderful Prophet. I started my first journey through the B of M when Pres. Hinckley challenged us about a 2 years ago, and in the mix of a move, and having a baby I never finished. I have recently picked up reading again and can't put it down. I guess shutting the cable off was a blessing in disquise??. So I signed on to do the challenge as an extra incentive to finish the whole book for the first time. And can't find a better reason to finish. I thought this was an incredible way to honor our beloved Gordon B. Hinckley who had such a passion for the Book of Mormon. You can sign up at http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/ There are currently 30,581 members accepting the "Warrior Challenge." So go sign up, it costs nothing it is a pretty cool website. So let's get the numbers up and all join in to honor him. I think he would be very pleased about this challenge and would feel very honored to see so many members do thid for him.

1 comment:

kelly miller said...

I am snooping around trying to find out who started the challenge. I am so impressed with how far you have read.
ldspoetrybykellymiller.blogspot.com