Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Momma's "little" man

I have been thinking an awful lot lately- I guess you could see that since I am writing this at such a late hour. But anyhow this last month has made me think. Another birthday has passed and I am now 22- and looking back would have never imagined I would be where I am today. Another anniversary has passed 3 years baby!! And I don't know when this...

Brody- 2 mon.

All of a sudden before my eyes went to this...

Brody- 6 mon.

And now has become such a little man...





Everyday I am amazed at this little sunshine in my life!! I would of never guessed something so small could bring the greatest joy I have ever experienced. His smile lights my day- everyday I wake up. He used to curl up and fit so snug on my chest- arms and legs tucked in tight, now he still tucks in so tightly when he feels like cuddling, but everyday I realize he's not such a baby anymore. Now he cuddles up and his body not so small hangs down to my knees. He understands so much and with a wicked pitching arm (seriously- he's going to be a baller) and the way he loves to kick a ball back and forth for hours it feels like. The words he can put together now that only mom can understand, but he tries so hard. With a full mouth of teeth, and a whole list of facial reactions (he looks at himself in the mirror and laughs at all the funny things he can do with his little face.) He can point to your mouth, nose, eyes, and ears and tries to say them. He knows the actions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Patty Cake." He can now sing his bedtime songs to me. (You are my sunshine.) With an array of sign language he knows, he can usually get his way. He has figured out how to pick on Jordyn, and that he now thinks it is so funny. He gives the best hugs and kisses.

This must only mean he is quickly turning into a little Man!!

With this past year flying by so fast... He will be two in a few months on Valentine's Day, and as sad as it is to think he is getting big so fast I guess it's only a matter of time till he will be baptized, go to Prom, serve a mission, get married, have his own kids. Okay that makes me cry maybe we won't think of that right now. (he is only 2 but still You can't help but think of that.) But I can't wait to teach him everything, and help him grow everyday. I want all the best things the world can offer him and I hope I can be the best Mother for him- even though I am still learning. I have enjoyed getting to know him and look forward to how much more I will get to know such a developing spirit. I hope I can enjoy every minute of it!!

He'll always be my BABY!!


YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE!!

No comments: